Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Gratitude ... what some of our couples had to say ...

With over 50 weddings under our belt in 2010 here are a few highlights from our 1st year in business! Much Gratitude to all the couples who made it so effortless and fun to work with! We are SOOO excited for what 2011 has in store for us. 
It is easy for us to tell you what our commitment is to our couples, it is an entirely different thing to hear it first hand from the couples themselves.
With pride, we offer you to enjoy a few words and pictures from some of the couples we had the privilege to marry InStyle this past year.
When my wife and I got engaged, we knew we wanted a small intimate ceremony. Being new to the city, we automatically settled for having the wedding at city hall because we assumed it was the only option we had. I had always dreamed of seeing my bride for the first time, right before she walked down the aisle as I awaited her at the alter. I had simply accepted that with the city hall ceremony, I would never have the moment I had always dreamed of.
Thankfully, someone referred us to Amanda and Jill at Weddings InStyle!!!! They gave me the moment I had dreamed of and so much more. The decor I can only describe as elegant and trendy, yet it provided all the warmth and intimacy we had hoped for in a wedding of only 9 people. But WeddingsInStyle is more than just a venue. They look to fulfil every request a bride and groom could ever think of. It’s like getting a venue and wedding planner all in one! Flowers, champagne, cakes, music, decor, officiants…if there was something they couldn’t do themselves, it seemed like they were connected with someone in the Ottawa wedding industry that could. But I never had to call any outside contacts myself, we just told Amanda and Jill what our preferences were and they took care of everything for us…did I forget to mention that we only found WeddingsInSyle 8 days before our planned wedding date?!?! They made everything happen on such short notice and exceeded all of our expectations in the process.
Having a small wedding doesn’t mean having to feel apologetic. It doesn’t mean having to accept something cold and lifeless. Having a small wedding doesn’t mean having to settle. Thank you WeddingsInStyle for giving us the wedding we never knew we could have! We will be forever grateful to you!
Sincerely,
Keith and Alisha
From the moment we walked through the door on that February afternoon to inquire about our fall wedding we were made to feel as though it was not only the most important day to us but to those working on it. We were told that we were an easy going couple when it came to planning our wedding but I have to say that we only seemed to be so easy going because we trusted the choices and plans you put together one hundred percent. We showed up on the day of not knowing what the flowers looked like, nor the cake or the table settings but when we walked through that door we were blown away. It was better than anything we could have done on our own. The process from beginning to end was a fantastic experience. The mother of the bride’s necklace was even repaired moments before the start of the ceremony. I would recommend Weddings InStyle to every couple thinking of getting married. That day will be remembered forever and it wouldn’t have been possible without all your hard work. Thank you so much for being our saviors when it came to planning the wedding we wanted so badly but didn’t know how to go about making it happen.”
Senecca and Peter Tasker

“I am Steve Bowker’s mom and I just want to congratulate you on your superb business venture that you offer. Your venue is spectacular and the extra special touches that you gave as a surprise for Amy and Steve were so special. My 3 sisters, my sister-in-law and my 96 year old mom were blown away by this wedding. In fact one of my older sisters told me that it was the best wedding she has ever attended! I am positive it is because of your beautiful venue and your attention to detail. It was all so classy and sophisticated yet warm, intimate and cozy at the same time. All my friends, acquaintances, neighbors etc. know about the wedding of course and when they ask about it I certainly have spread the word about” Weddings in Style”……everyone wants to know where you are etc. etc. and I am so excited about you guys that I go on and on more about the venue almost than the kids! Of course I do mention the gorgeous bride that I now have as THE BEST daughter-in-law ever! (along with the groom who is our pride and joy!)So thanks to you both….and best of luck for a bright prosperous future. You deserve it!”
Sincerely
Bev Bowker

“I don’t know how to say thank you enough for the incredible and spectacular day! Everything was perfect and it couldn’t have been more perfect for us!! You really made every step of the wedding process so fun and exciting! The ceremony was lovely, the champagne/toast was great, and the location was perfect for pictures! The cake was phenomenal- not only to look at, but to eat!!! Yum! Eddie and I both agree that our day was magical. We are so lucky that we had you taking care of all the details for us. Everyone you arranged for the wedding was top-notch. Our family was raving about how beautiful the ceremony was- and we agree!”

Thanks SO MUCH! Kerry & Eddie
I wanted to let you know Cory and I are thrilled with the wedding. Everything turned out wonderfully, the limo, the food, the decor, the photographer, the cake, the music, Peter, the wine, EVERYTHING was perfect!! We had such a good day, a good time and it did go by too quickly. We are appreciative of the hard work you put into our wedding and everything went so smoothly, thank you. The venue was very elegant, graceful exactly what we wanted. We couldn’t have asked for more. 
Sandra & Cory

“We are so grateful to the staff at Weddings InStyle for making our finest moment unforgettable. Every detail was elegant. The ensemble, woven together flawlessly. Your passion for beauty is unmistakable. Thank you Jill and Amanda for loving what you do. Whatever you touch, evidently turns to gold.”
Tatyana & Camille
It all started with an idea I had for romantic wedding in the Bahamas. After a few days of struggling on my own, I knew it would be hard to pull it off without any help. I was a little overwhelmed with the task at hand. I thought I would not be able to make it happen. After contacting Weddings InStyle, I knew I was in good hands and that they could take my idea and turn it into reality. They took care of everything, from researching all of the legalities, finding a Preacher, to taking care of having all the payments and scheduling setup. They listened to what I wanted and respected my budget. As well as, provided great insight and feedback on little details that I would have overlooked. They made the whole experience feel like I was working with a friend and someone who had my best interest at heart. The end result was better than what I could of imagined. I think they may have even made sure that the sun would be out in time for the ceremony.
Thank you Jill and Amanda for all your help and making me look like one of the most romantic guys in Ottawa.”
Sincerely, Alexandre Singh
“Living in BC and getting married in Ottawa complicated an already daunting task of planning a wedding for us. We had a very small window to see our venue, officiant, and all the other numerous wedding details six months before our big day as we were visiting over the holidays. In a nightmare scenario, our venue host/officiant didn’t show up to our scheduled appointment. Peace of mind for a soon to be bride and groom is essential (particularly when you are planning from across the country), and for this reason we were forced to severely alter our wedding plans. This ended up becoming a blessing in disguise as after we discovered them online, Weddings InStyle stepped in to save the day.
We received the most professional, personable, and top of the line service from Weddings InStyle and we found the assurance and peace of mind we were looking for. Jill took care of every need we had and we were pleasantly surprised to discover that Weddings InStyle was able to take care of every little detail (everything from, hair/makeup, to flowers and decor). They also provided us with a top notch officiant who gave us exactly the kind of wedding ceremony we were looking for. Weddings InStyle is truly an innovator in the Ottawa area for being able to provide a personalized 5 star alternative to the more traditional civil ceremony in an affordable all-in-one package. The day itself couldn’t have gone better with all the stress removed from the bride and groom. The venue was stylishly decorated to meet our tastes and we couldn’t possibly have been treated better by Jill and Amanda. Thank you Weddings InStyle for making sure our special day was one we will cherish the rest of our lives!”
Joel & Jacqueline
“Thanks again for all of your help with our wedding. Everyone was really impressed with how things went. We couldn’t be happier.
You made it better than City Hall ever could and though of details that would have never even crossed my mind.
Thanks again so much
Melissa & Rob
“I just want to thank you for everything. The ceremony was amazing and the venue looked incredible!!! Everyone wanted to know how we found Weddings InStyle….they absolutely loved it!!!! You truly go out of your way to make all involved feel so special. Your wonderful service will forever be remembered.”
Andrea & Rommey xox
I cant believe we already celebrated our one month anniversary..it all feels like a lovely dream.. everyone who came for the wedding was praising how intimate and wonderful it was.. all thanks to you. You made the planning and the day so stress free and memorable. Especially planning from a distance. Thank- you!.”
Lilangi & Sabarish


My fiancĂ© and I were looking for a modern, classy and stylish venue in which to hold our wedding reception.  After visiting numerous hotel reception rooms boasting ‘alcoholic punch fountains’ and providing tacky stained carpets from the 1970’s as their flooring of choice, we came across the website for Weddings InStyle.  After seeing the venue and meeting with Jillienne and Amanda, it was clear this was the space for us.  The girls were passionate about making our vision come to life, the space was in keeping with our contemporary sense of style and the price was right!  Weddings InStyle’s turn-key approach to a wedding experience made the planning process so easy and enabled us to focus our attention on our family, friends and each other on our special day.

Thanks so much Weddings InStyle, we had a perfect day and wouldn’t change a thing!

Nicholas & Kathryn, married October 16, 2010

1 comment:

Melanie Rebane Photography said...

Wonderful post! I love that you were able to give Keith and Alisha the day they had always wanted , intimate and stylish. You both were a dream to work with as well ...the details that you were able to add to personalize their day was also very special.